Find out More!
Stay up-to-date on your favorite Hamden High School Sports Team! Register to get email and text alerts from CIAC or follow them on Twitter.
Home of the Green Dragons!
Click here to get information on how to Stay Up-To-Date on Hamden High School Team Schedule Changes, Game Scores, and Tournament Results
- The Hamden High School Based Health Clinic is now Open - scroll down the page for more information on physicals, preventive care, routine care, etc.
- Cheerleading/School Mascot INFORMATION: click here and fill out the google form to receive more information on the parent meeting and to receive a try-out packet. Also, remember to sign-up on FamilyID and to have an updated physical.
2020 FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR
HAMDEN HIGH SCHOOL & HAMDEN MIDDLE SCHOOL
Scroll Down this page for more Information and the FamilyID Register Now Button
Summer Conditioning Information
Student Athletes, Parents and Guardians,
What a year 2020 has been so far. We have been working behind the scenes to ensure our student athletes’ safety as they return to participating in athletics and extracurricular activities at Hamden High School and Hamden Middle School. I apologize for the delay in sending the email but the events have been very fluid. We have gathered information from multiple sources such as the CIAC, State of CT, Quinnipiac Valley Health Department and our own school district. We have been evaluating them all to formalize this plan of action. The safety of our student athletes and our staff are of the utmost importance. The workouts are voluntary at this point and are being done to give our student athletes an opportunity to prepare for their fall seasons as well as something positive for them to do over the summer.
On Monday July 6th our fall sports are able to start our summer training program. Not all programs will be starting on this day. By Sunday evening (July 5th) each parent will have to register to complete if you plan on having your student athlete take part in our training sessions. Registrations will be open all summer but once you register your student athlete will be allowed to join a cohort set up by their coach for training. These are the two forms that must be filled out:
The is our normal registration which allows coaches and staff to have all of the medical information we may need in case of an emergency
Out of Season Conditioning Waiver https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzhYUQwchttg3EUf11OEgfA5XNYRhlK20cbDBzHRBXN9-0gw/viewform?usp=sf_link
During the summer months you can find days the nurses will be in to process sports physicals. It is recommended physicals are 13 months but they have given a two month extension on physicals so now they are valid for 15 months. Here is the list of the summer hours for the school nurses at HHS: https://www.hamden.org/uploaded/Athletics/Nurses_Hours_for_the_Summer_of_2020.doc
Parents/Guardians will play a vital role in keeping all of our student athletes safe. Parents/Guardians will be required to self check their student athletes every morning before they arrive to conditioning with their programs. Below is the symptom checklist each parent should go through with their student athlete each morning prior to coming to training:
Fever/ Chills (temperature of 100.3 or higher)
Shortness of Breath/Trouble Breathing
Loss of taste/smell
If a student has any symptoms a parent/guardian should contact the coach running the training, the athletic trainer or the Athletic Office. If a student has a fever at/above 100 degrees we must be made aware of it immediately. This is the one major symptom that will trigger a quarantine of a cohort for a two week time period as a precaution. We also would recommend that the student athlete gets a covid test upon their return to athletics in this case.
If a student athlete has any of the other symptoms listed above, he/she is to stay home. The other symptoms listed will not trigger an entire cohort to quarantine at this point from the information we currently have. It will just require the student athlete to be monitored by their parent/guardian.
If a parent/guardian or member of the household has covid or fever, that student is quarantined for 2 weeks as a precaution.
If a student athlete decides to travel this summer and visits any of the states in which the Governor of CT has deemed high risk please notify your coach. We will want to follow the quarantine guidelines set by the State of CT which is currently a two week quarantine when someone returns from visiting a high risk state.
Communication is key to keeping all of our student athletes safe. The communication for most cancellations will come from the Athletic Director via email or the coach using the normal modes of communication each program uses. A coach may cancel scheduled workouts for all cohorts or selected cohorts during the summer and/or fall season. We respect the rights of all of our students and we will not be sharing the names of any of the student athletes who may become sick with teammates or families.
The Athletic Director, his designee or Athletic Trainer will notify the school nurses and the QVHD of anyone who reports a fever or comes back with a positive test from Covid-19.
For the month of July we will only be outdoors for our training/conditioning sessions. Your coach will notify you when your training sessions are. There can be a maximum of three sessions per week and each totaling an hour in time. Athletes will be put in cohorts/groups of no more than 10 by their coach. These cohort/groups will not change until we move to the next stage of the reopening plan from the CIAC which will hopefully be in the first week of August if everything continues to go well in the state. We will use as little equipment as possible and share as little equipment as possible. Coaches will be wiping down any school issued equipment before and after each cohort. Any personal equipment a student brings will need to be cleaned at home before and after each session.
There will be no access to the school building during the month of July. We ask students to use the bathroom before arriving at the field. Students will all be required to bring their own water in a water bottle to each session. If a student doesn't bring water to drink a coach may send the athlete home. Hydration is very important for athletes and even more so in July while training outdoors. There also will be no sharing of water bottles for the foreseeable future. We also are asking each athlete to have their own hand sanitizer to use for each session. Lastly we ask that each student athlete return home after their workout to shower and change into clean clothes so you could launder the clothes you just worked out in.
Students will all be required to arrive and leave wearing a mask. During aerobic activity or athletic activity are the only times a mask can be taken off. Students will be given a specific drop off, entry and exit points at the field. We also can not have students loitering on campus after their training session. Please make sure to follow this procedure as it assists in keeping the cohorts properly socially distanced. If the cohorts get mixed up during this process, we may need to quarantine multiple cohorts.
I apologize for the length of the information but felt it necessary to let parents/guardians know the level of detail that our planning entails. Our parents/guardians and our student athletes each play a huge role in keeping everyone safe. This is the road map for us to return to competition in the fall. Please stay safe!
Director of Athletics
Hamden Public Schools
Please read the information below, then scroll down to the Register Now Button
2020-2021 Hamden High School and Hamden Middle School Sport Registrations on FamilyID will open on the following dates:
Fall Sports - April 8, 2020 - HHS - dance, cheer, boys/girls cross country, field hockey, football, boys/girls soccer, girls swimming/diving, girls volleyball; HMS - Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer and Girls Volleyball
Winter Sports - TBA (HHS - boys/girls basketball, girls gymnastics, boys/girls ice hockey, boys/girls indoor track, boys swimming/diving; HMS - Boys Basketball and Girls Basketball
Spring Sports - TBA - HHS - baseball, golf, boys/girls lacrosse, softball, boys/girls tennis, boys/girls outdoor track; HMS - Softball and Baseball
Information Needed to Register:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Primary Care Physician contact information
- Date of last Tetanus Shot
- Dentist Contact Information
FamilyID Registration Process:
An email account is required to register. A parent/guardian will need to use a personal email account. For those who do not have an email account, a free email account can be set up using a variety of services such as gmail, yahoo, etc. This must be done prior to registering with Family ID.
- If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. If you already have a FamilyID account click Log In. Do NOT create another account if you already have one.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner's (Parent or Guardian) First and Last name, E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you do not see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.)
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you into FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer. Be sure to update your grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green SUBMIT button. After selecting “SUBMIT”, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from Family ID confirming your registration.
At anytime, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
- Health Assessment Form must be submitted to the school nurse prior to trying-out for any sport. If you have any questions about your child's physical contact the school nurse at 203-407-2040 ext. 5000, Fax - 203-407-2409.
- Medication Authorization Form must be submitted yearly to the school nurse if your child carries medication in school prior to try-outs.
- School-Based Health Center -
The Hamden High School School Based Clinic is now Open Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. No Walk-ins, by appointment only. Please call 203-248-6107 or email Stacey Wyner email@example.com or Crystal Barnes firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment or if you have any questions.
You must complete and enrollment form for your child before making an appointment click here for the enrollment form. The form can be emailed or faxed to 203-248-2953
Some of their services include:
- Preventive care including strep testing, immunizations, and nutritional education
- School and Sports Physical Exams
- Routine care for illnesses such as asthma, acne, anemia or other health problems
- Health & development education
- Women's health including menstruation and prenancy testing
- STD/HIV education, testing and couseling
- Referrals to Specialty Care
Click the link for more information on the School Based Health Center.
- ****Physicals cannot expire during the season or the athlete will not be medically cleared to try-out. Sports physical forms are valid for 13 months
- Let's get started - click below to begin Fall 2020 registration:
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: 888-800-5583 ext. 1 or email@example.com
- FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours.
- Support through FamilyID is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
- You can also contact the Hamden High School Athletic Department at: 203-407-2040 ext. 3001 or email the Athletic Director Tom Dyer firstname.lastname@example.org or the Administrative Assistant Beth Chapelle at email@example.com
No bags will be allowed into any volleyball, basketball, hockey or football games at HHS.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.