This weekend is going to be dangerously hot in our area. So, Hamden has opened the following cooling centers to make sure everyone stays cool and safe:
- Villano Park Splash Pad, 260 Mill Rock Rd. 11:00am–7:00pm, Daily
- ML Keefe Center, 11 Pine Street 9:00am–4:30pm, Monday-Friday, 9:00am–5:00pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Thornton Wilder Hall, 2901 Dixwell Avenue. 9:00am–4:30pm, Monday-Friday, 9:00am–5:00pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Hamden Police Lobby Area, 2900 Dixwell Avenue 9:00am–4:30pm, Monday - Thursday 9:00am–10:00pm, Friday-Sunday
- Hamden Libraries (all branches) Normal Business Hours Only (Monday-Saturday)
This summer, all Hamden children and teens (up to 18 years old) can find free summer meals in several of our schools and other Hamden locations. Sandwiches, salads, fruits and milk are among the tasty food offered. Call 211 for more information or visit CTSummerMeals.org.
No one should go hungry! Please help us spread the word about this wonderful program!
Just show up to either Church Street School or Shepherd Glen School and get your new favorite book for free!
The HHS TSA Team placed in the TOP 10 in "Structural Engineering Design" at the 2019 TSA National Convention. Hamden's middle school team made the finals in the "Mass Production" category. The students representing Hamden were among 8,000 TSA members from across the country.
HHS Students: Paige Campbell and Jaden Stone with teacher Dean DelGiudice
HMS Students: Lillian Jermain and Mya Clouse with teacher Dean DelGiudice
Please click the link below to read an Update on the Movement of IIC programs to Wintergreen Elementary School
As you may have heard, there are plans for IIC classrooms to move to WIntergreen Elementary School in the next several years. Please click the link below to read an Update on the Movement of IIC programs to Wintergreen Elementary School