The Board of Education may upon the recommendation of the Superintendent permit students from other school districts to attend local schools, when they can be accommodated in existing classes. The students or their sending district shall pay a tuition fee to be established annually by the Board of Education. The tuition fee maybe adjusted as changes in costs indicate unless a multiple year agreement to provide educational facilities is entered into with another Board of Education. Notice shall be given of at least one year prior to the discontinuance of service for non-resident high school students.
Legal Reference: Connecticut General Statutes
- 10-33 Tuition in towns in which no high school is maintained
- 10-35 Notice of discontinuance of high school service to nonresidents
- 10-55 Pupils at attend regional school 10-220 Duties of boards of Education
- 10-253 School privileges for children in certain placements, nonresident children and children in temporary shelters.
- 10-266 Reimbursement for education of pupils residing in state property.
Policy adopted: December 14, 2004
HAMDEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS