The Board of Education recognizes that finances and financial management are critical to the support of the whole school program. To make that support as effective as possible, the Board of Education shall:
- Ensure that the school budget reflects Board goals and objectives.
- Encourage advance planning through the best possible budget procedures.
- Explore all practical sources of financial support.
- Guide the expenditure of funds so as to extract the greatest educational returns.
- Establish top-quality accounting and reporting procedures.
- Maintain the level of expenditure needed to provide high quality education within the ability of the community to pay.
The operation and maintenance of school plant and equipment shall set high standards of safety, to promote the health of students and staff, to reflect prudent management of available resources and to support environmentally the efforts of the staff to provide a good education.
Policy adopted: October 8, 2002 HAMDEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS Hamden, Connecticut