Lines of Responsibility
Lines of responsibility in the Hamden School System shall be structured to:
- Develop educational programs most appropriate for students.
- Clarify responsibility from students through teachers, administrators and the Superintendent to the Board of Education.
- Inform each member of the staff to whom s/he is responsible and for what functions.
- Make each member of the staff responsible to only one immediate supervisor for any one function, whenever possible.
- Designate a person to whom a staff member can appeal a disagreement with the person to whom the staff member is directly responsible.
- Inform each staff member to whom he/she can seek assistance in working out his/her own functions in the system program.
- Keep each staff member advised of the policies, functions, and progress of the Hamden School System.
Policy adopted: March 10, 1998
HAMDEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS Hamden, Connecticut