Members of the fire department and the town fire marshal play a vital role in the school safety program. The Superintendent of Schools and administrative staff shall have the following responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain relationships with the local fire marshal and fire departments.
- Work with the faculty in determining the nature and timing of the department's participation in the school program.
- Coordinate and supervise planned activities.
As necessary or appropriate, administrators shall seek the advice and cooperation of the fire marshal and fire department in:
- Planning and conduct of fire drills.
- Fire prevention education.
- First aid, especially in fire related incidents.
- Conforming to state and local fire codes.
(cf. 6610 Emergencies and Disaster Preparedness)
|Policy adopted: November 12, 1997
|HAMDEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS