Student Research Projects
The Board of Education recognizes that worthy educational values may be served by permitting independent research projects to be carried out in the schools.
The Superintendent, or his/her designee, may approve research proposals and so inform the Board of Education. Those of a sensitive nature will be reviewed by the Board of Education. All research projects must:
- preserve the privacy of all individuals,
- promote professional interest,
- significantly contribute to the body of knowledge about education,
- refrain from using the results for commercial or private gain, and
- not interfere with the instructional process or take undue time away from it.
A copy of the research report will be submitted to the Superintendent of Schools.
Policy adopted: November 12, 1997
HAMDEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS