Dunbar Hill Parent Information
Dunbar Hill parents & guardians can support their child's education by agreeing to:
* Make sure their child is on time for school, attends school daily, and has the materials he/she needs.
* Monitor their child’s progress and contact the teacher early if concerns arise, and attend Report Card conferences.
* Support their child in following the school’s expectations for behavior.
* Read and respond to notices, forms and notes from the school/teacher.
* Look for notices on Thursdays, review the monthly calendar and check the school web site for information.
* Monitor homework and provide a quiet space for your child to read nightly.
* Attend school-related family events and be an active member of the school’s PTA.
* Monitor TV watching and encourage watching channels like the Discovery Channel or History Channel to build content knowledge and vocabulary.
* Talk to their child about the importance of education and trying his/her best.
Here are resources to help parents: