Our purposes for using technology in our schools are to enhance the way teachers teach, expand student learning opportunities, and better meet the individual needs of all of our students.
In an effort to determine how best to utilize our limited technology dollars, we have a number of "technology pilot projects" being implemented in Hamden. Some of these include:
- iPads to help beginning readers
- Teacher amplification (classroom speakers and microphones)
- eReaders to enhance reading opportunities and options
- iPads in special education
- Artificial intelligence to augment teacher feedback to improve writing
- Blogs to motivate students to write
- Distance learning for the study of world language
- Online classwork and cloud storage at HHS
Programs that are deemed effective will be expanded to more of our students in the future.