Pupil Services and Special Education
Parental Resources Regarding Special Education
- Procedural Safeguards Notice Required Under IDEA Part B (English)
- Procedural Safeguards (Spanish)
- A Parent’s Guide To Special Education in Connecticut (English)
- A Parent’s Guide to Special Education in Connecticut (Spanish)
- CT Bureau of Special Education IEP Manual and Forms
- IEP Guide - Page by Page
- Transition Bill of Rights (English)
- Transition Bill of Rights (Spanish)
- Building a Bridge - A Transition Guide for Students (English)
- Building a Bridge - A Transition Guide for Students (Spanish)
Hamden Public Schools employs the number of certified and/or licensed personnel and support personnel, consistent with the highly qualified teacher standards under the No Child Left Behind Act, necessary to implement the special education and related services required in each child’s
Time is scheduled during the school day for personnel who provide special education and related services or regular education to consult with each other, other personnel and parents.
The District provides a system of personnel development to meet the requirements of special education regulations, including, but not limited to, in-service training on special education and related services, to regular and special education instructional, related services and support personnel.
Training is provided, as appropriate, to regular and special education staff, related services staff and transportation operators. This training addresses issues of confidentiality; the specific needs of special education students being transported, and implementation of the least restrictive environment.
Paraprofessionals / Instructional Assistants
In Hamden, each paraprofessional in special education is appropriately trained and a qualified person (certified and/or licensed in the area of specialization to which such paraprofessional is assigned) provides direct supervision.