Welcome to Hamden Public Schools!
We envision a professional learning culture wherein all members of the school community consistently put the needs of students first and foremost. In such a community, the exclusive focus of all our efforts will be to increase the achievement levels of all students, while simultaneously expanding the knowledge bases of all adult members of the school community.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Hamden Public Schools is to ensure all our students learn to the best of their potential each and every day they are entrusted to our care.
Our District Goal:
Provide challenging, high-quality learning experiences and supports so that all students develop skills, attitudes and practices for academic and life-long success.
To Accomplish Our Goal, We Will:
1. Make available quality early childhood learning experiences for all of Hamden's young children
2. Implement curriculum and teaching practices to encourage the development of student's critical thinking skills
3. Identify students with academic, attendance and social-emotional challenges and provide targeted supports to increase their success
4. Strengthen parent and community engagement in meaningful ways to improve student achievement
5. Create ongoing learning and career advancement opportunities to develop leadership capacity for all HPS staff