- What are the Library Media Center hours?
- When can students visit the Library Media Center?
- Is the Library Media Center Open after school?
- How many books can I check out and for how long?
- What if the book I want to read isn't available at HMS?
- Can I recommend a book to add to our library's collection?
- Can I access the HMS databases at home?
- What is my HPS Google Account?
- What is the district's Acceptable Use Policy?
YES!! We LOVE recommendations!
Have a recommendation?
Tell Mrs. McCulley and Mrs. McCarthy ASAP and they will add it to the book order list. Books are typically purchased at the start of the school year, but occasionally orders are placed throughout the school year.
G Suites Accounts for Education allows students access to online tools that provide workspace for the creation of documents, spreadsheets and encourage collaboration and creativity. Every student has a Google Account established for them by the district with their unique username and password. These accounts are compliant with federal laws protecting your child's privacy.
Your child's Google Account does not provide them with email access or allow them to collaborate with anyone outside of the school district.
If your child does not remember his/her login information, have him/her consult his/her teacher or media specialist.
Students, and their parents, must sign a district "Acceptable Use Policy" (AUP). The AUP describes what is expected from each student in terms of behaviors related to technology use. The broad categories of behaviors are divided into four behavioral areas:
- Respect and protect the privacy of others
- Respect and protect the integrity, availability, and security of all electronic resources
- Practice good digital citizenship
- Use technologies appropriately.