School Based Health Center
Hamden High School offers students an on-site Student-Based Health Center. Formerly known as the MOM's clinic, the SBHC is a state licensed outpatient clinic housed right in the school next to the School Nurse's Office. The SBHC offers more comprehensive health care, but requires the student to be enrolled by his or her parents/guardians .
Medical services at the School-Based Health Center at Hamden High School will be closed for the summer from 3:30 PM, June 12, 2019 until Monday, August 19, 2019. If you need medical services during summer vacation and you are not able to be seen by your medical provider, you can receive services through the Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center’s Pediatric Department at 203-503-3000.
The Behavioral Health counseling services will be available for five weeks in the summer, from June 25th – July 24th. The summer hours are Tuesdays 9:00AM – 1:00PM and Wednesdays 8:30AM – 1:00PM. To schedule your appointment, please call 203-248-6107. If you are in crisis and need immediate help, call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-8255.
To schedule a back to school physical, immunizations, or sports physical in the School-Based Health Center, please call 475-220-7815 for an appointment.
Finally, please contact the School Based Health Center before June 12th if there are prescription refills or other services you need before school closes for the summer. Have a healthy, safe and fun summer!
Quinnipiack Valley Health District (QVHD) administers the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) at Hamden High School. The SBHC is a State licensed outpatient clinic housed right in the school. It is NOT part of the school system and all services are confidential and do not become part of school records. Enrollment form and Flu Vaccine consent form at QVHD’s website: www.qvhd.org/sbhc
- CONVENIENT: open during school hours so that students and parents do not need to miss school or work to get care.
- COST: All services are provided with no charge to students or families (billable services will be submitted directly to patient’s insurance company)
- ONSITE TEAM OF LICENSED PROFESSIONALS: a Nurse Practitioner, a Social Worker and a Medical Assistant.
SERVICE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Preventive care including School/Sports Physical Exams, immunizations and nutrition
- Routine care of chronic illnesses, such as asthma, ADHD, evaluation and management of mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety and family issues.
- Health & development education
- Crisis intervention
- Women’s health, including menstruation and pregnancy testing
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Mental Health Individualized and Group Counseling
- Issue-Orientated Support Groups
The SBHC is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM when school is in session.