School Based Health Center
Hamden High School offers students an on-site Student Based Health Center (SBHC); formerly known as the MOM's clinic. The SBHC is a state licensed outpatient clinic housed right in the school next to the School Nurse's Office. The SBHC offers comprehensive health care to students who are enrolled by his or her parents/guardians.
Quinnipiack Valley Health District (QVHD) administers the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) at Hamden High School. It is NOT part of the school system and all services are confidential and do not become part of school records. The enrollment form and Flu Vaccine consent form can be found at QVHD’s website: www.qvhd.org/sbhc
- Preventive care including strep testing, immunizations, and nutritional education
- School and Sports Physical Exams
- Routine care for illnesses such as asthma, acne, anemia or other health problems
- Health & development education
- Women’s health including menstruation and pregnancy testing
- STD/HIV education, testing, and counseling
- Referrals to Specialty care
Behavioral Health Services:
Being a teenager comes with its own set of challenges, from peer pressure and bullying to experiencing trauma, anxiety or depression. They face many issues they feel they have to deal with on their own, but they don’t have to! Our behavioral health clinician is here to help. If you know a student who could benefit from having a counselor to talk to, please complete a referral form and send it in. The form can be found at www.qvhd.org/sbhc
Service areas include:
- Evaluation and management of mental health disorders (ex. depression, anxiety, PTSD).
- Crisis intervention
- Individual and family sessions available
- Referrals to specialty care
- Issue oriented support groups
The SBHC is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM when school is in session. To return a registration, flu consent or behavioral health referral, please fax to 203-248-2953 or drop it off during our business hours.