School Based Health Services
Hamden High School offers students an on-site Student-Based Health Center. Formerly known as the MOM's clinic, the SBHC is a state licesnsed ooutpatient clinic housed right in the school next to the School Nurse's Office. The SBHC offers more comprehensive health care, but requires the student to be enrolled by his or her parents/guardians .
Quinnipiack Valley Health District (QVHD) administers the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) at Hamden High School. The SBHC is a State licensed outpatient clinic housed right in the school. It is NOT part of the school system and all services are confidential and do not become part of school records. Enrollment form and Flu Vaccine consent form at QVHD’s website: www.qvhd.org/sbhc
- CONVENIENT: open during school hours so that students and parents do not need to miss school or work to get care.
- COST: All services are provided with no charge to students or families (billable services will be submitted directly to patient’s insurance company)
- ONSITE TEAM OF LICENSED PROFESSIONALS: a Nurse Practitioner, a Social Worker and a Medical Assistant.
SERVICE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Preventive care including School/Sports Physical Exams, immunizations and nutrition
- Routine care of chronic illnesses, such as asthma, ADHD, evaluation and management of mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety and family issues.
- Health & development education of normal health and development
- Crisis intervention
- Women’s health, including menstruation and pregnancy testing
- Sexually transmitted diseases
The SBHC is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM when school is in session
Anyone who needs assistance to gain access to the second or third floors of the school should contact the Health Office to arrange issue an elevator key. Failure to return the elevator key after it is no longer medically needed will result in a $10 obligation.