Welcome to Hamden!
Hamden is pleased to welcome you to our community! Any child living in Hamden is entitled to attend school in one of Hamden's public schools. In order for children to attend school in Hamden, proof of residency must be provided and registration forms must be completed.
The best way to register is to complete online registration.
To register online, you'll have to create an account when you first begin.
Please create only ONE Account per family. You will have the option to register/update multiple children using this one account, and it will simplify the information you need to input.
Filling out the forms should take approximately 10-20 minutes per student. There are 8 pages that must be completed. If you miss any of the required fields, the system will prompt you at the end to go back and complete those fields. The form will not let you submit your registration until all required fields have been completed.
Please note that there is required documentation needed in order to finish the registration for your child. You will need to upload these with your online registration, or send a copy with your print registration:
- Child’s original long-form Birth Certificate with State seal (if needed, click here to request a new copy)
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian,
- Proof of Hamden residency (current mortgage/lease and two utility bills),
- CT State Health Form with Immunization Records (List of required Immunizations)
- Academic records if transferring from another school.
English Online Registration FormHamden Public Schools Formulario de Inscripción en Español
You can also fill out the registration forms in print from these links:
- Hamden Public Schools English Registration Form (download and print)
- Formulario de Inscripción en Español. (download and print)
- Health Assessment Form
- Formulario de evaluación de la salud (Español)
- Home Language Survey
- Encuesta sobre el idioma del hogar (Español)
If you complete the form in print, please mail it to the school for which you are registering.
Additional Info on Proof of Residency
Any parent/guardian residing in Hamden who does not own their own home or have a lease in their name must complete a Residential Status Report Application at our Central Office (60 Putnam Avenue). Please call the Residency Office at 203-407-4809 to make an appointment to complete this application.
If you are a Hamden resident and have a child living with you but the child is not your child (i.e. grandchild, niece or nephew, etc) you must complete the residency application. PLEASE NOTE: If you are a resident applying for a child living with you that is not your child, both a parent/guardian and you (the Hamden resident) must be present to complete the residency application.
If you completed a Residential Status Report Application for your child/children last year, please be advised that the Board of Education requires this form to be completed annually (you must complete it each year), unless you have moved into your own home or now have a lease in your name.
Residency Process: Needed Documentation
To prove you are a Hamden resident, you will need the following documentation:
- Copy of current mortgage statement or original lease agreement for Hamden residence
- One current utility bill for Hamden residence (UI, gas, cable, water)
- Copy of child's birth certificate (long form) for child/children (only required if student is new to the district)
- Photo identification for parent/guardian Hamden resident
Other Questions about registering your child? Call 203-407-2204