Parents & PTA
Families at the 2022 Dunbar Hill School Open House
To get text alerts and reminder for all things Dunbar Hill, text 81010 with the message @89fc87
DUNBAR HILL PARENT INFORMATION
(for Dunbar PTA Information, see that page)
Para traducir esta y cualquier otra página web de Hamden, mueva el cursor a la barra verde más clara en la parte superior de la página y haga clic en el enlace Traducir. Luego elija el idioma que desee.
Dunbar Hill parents & guardians can support their child's education by agreeing to:
* Make sure their child is on time for school, attends school daily, and has the materials he/she needs.
* Monitor their child’s progress and contact the teacher early if concerns arise, and attend Report Card conferences.
* Support their child in following the school’s expectations for behavior.
* Read and respond to notices, forms and notes from the school/teacher.
* Look for notices regularly, review the monthly calendar and check the school web site for information.
* Monitor homework and provide a quiet space for your child to read nightly.
* Participate in school-related family events and be an active member of the school’s PTA.
* Monitor TV and Internet viewing and encourage TV and online channels like PBS Kids to build content knowledge and vocabulary.
* Talk to their child about the importance of education and trying his/her best.
Acknowledgment of Receipt of Handbook
Here are more resources to help parents:
Every year with the Library Media Specialist's help, students review a student-friendly version of the Acceptable Use Policy during their first Library Media classes.