Dunbar Hill Elementary School
To read the full letter with important information for you and your child, open this link.
Important Information about Chromebooks (English/Spanish)
Rather than receiving paper flyers via backpacks, the district will be transitioning to the use of a Virtual Bulletin Board online.
Go to https://www.hamden.org/families/vbb
School begins August 28.
Doors open at...(see attachment)
Mya Brevard from Dunbar Hill School's Sixth Grade was chosen as the Hamden Rotary Club's Student of the Month in December.
The Rotary Club came to our December Town Meeting to present an engraved brick and certificate to the winning student for their achievement. The brick will be placed in Town Center Park in front of the Rotary pavilion permanently honoring her achievement.
As parents and guardians, we ask that you communicate with the school about absences, call into school when your child has to stay home; establish routines so they are ready for school each day, and be a role model for them. ________________________
Como padres y tutores, le pedimos que se comunique con la escuela acerca de las ausencias, llamando cuando su hijo se quede en casa; establezca una rutina para que estén listos todos los días y sea un modelo a seguir para ellos.
To receive Dunbar Hill School announcements and updates, text 81010 with the message @dunbarhil (notice there is only ONE L) to get Remind text alerts.
PLEASE NOTE: We will continue using SchoolMessenger, the school district’s automated notification system. Please do not unsubscribe from the emails or block phone calls you receive from the system, as this will be our primary form of communication with you. Voice messages from this system will come from 855-318-0291.
If you plan to pick your child up from school early, please send a note or email to your child’s teacher by the morning. We also ask that any early dismissals are done prior to 2:30 PM, avoiding the last half hour of the school day. Students will be brought to the main entrance for pick-up while you wait outside.
For Dunbar Hill School Updates Text 81010 with the message @dunbarhil to get Remind Text Alerts
These lists will help prepare your child for school this year. Click this LINK to open the lists, which are organized by the Grade Level for students.
Parents should be aware of billing procedures for broken or lost Chromebooks that were loaned by the district to their children. Students were given detailed instructions about their responsibility to the Chromebooks at the beginning of the school year, as they went over the Acceptable Use Policy with their Library/Media teacher.
For the policy regarding this, see the Policy section on the district website:
More about Dunbar Hill School -
2022-23 School Year Breakfast & Lunch
Dunbar Hill is one of the schools that will be operating under the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) legislation. Through the CEP, all enrolled students will receive breakfast and lunch at no cost for the entire 22-23 school year.
However, it remains critical that you complete and submit your free and reduced-price meal application to Hamden Public Schools in order to determine eligibility for other programs, like the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), discounted technology and musical instruments, and more. For more information on meals, see this page.
Communication in both directions is very important.
As this unprecedented time progresses, families will want to keep up-to-date on important information. To translate this and any other Hamden webpage, move your cursor to the lighter green bar at the top of the page and click the Translate link. Then choose the language to which you want the page translated.
**(Para traducir esta y cualquier otra página web de Hamden, mueva el cursor a la barra verde más clara en la parte superior de la página y haga clic en el enlace Traducir. Luego elija el idioma que desee.) **
- You should text: 81010 with the message @dunbarhil to sign up for Remind text alerts. (This changes every year.)
- PLEASE NOTE: We will continue using SchoolMessenger, the District’s automated voice notification system. Please do not unsubscribe to the emails or block phone calls you receive from the system, as this will be our primary form of communication with you. Voice messages from this system will come from 855-318-0291.
- Parents receive an emailed newsletter called Weekly Update from Principal Laura Rodriguez. Please make sure your email address is on file with Mrs. Pommer, school secretary.
- Please check your children's Google Classroom regularly, especially the Stream page. There is also information on this website and on the Hamden district pages that will help you through the year, from technology help to teacher contact to meal pickups. Please spend some time browsing these pages.
- Again,please be aware that 1-855-318-0291 is the Hamden Public Schools and Dunbar Hill all-call system to communicate important information such as emergency closings and other events. If you can't take the call when it comes in, make sure to listen to the message as soon as possible.
If you are having technology issues with district Chromebooks, click the box here. → For TECHNOLOGY HELP
High Road Program - Dunbar Hill
Are you looking for information about the High Road program? Go to this webpage: