Dunbar Hill Elementary School
Welcome to Dunbar Hill School!
* Read the Learning Opportunities for Quarantined Students document to see how your child's class will interact with their teachers.
* Parents, please review this Daily Student Health Assessment checklist each day to make sure your child is safe to attend school. (English/Spanish)
* OPEN HOUSE information -
* The 2021-22 Hamden Schools Bus Routes have been posted:
Read more about the Safe Start program and who to contact for more information and special routes.
* Read the HPS Reopening Plan for specific information about masks, health assessments, hours, etc.
2021-22 School Year Lunches
For school year 2021-22, Hamden has opted to participate in the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) of the National School Lunch Program. This means that all students enrolled in the Hamden Public Schools will receive breakfast and lunch free of charge.
However, it remains critical that you complete and submit your free and reduced-price meal application to Hamden Public Schools in order to determine eligibility for other programs, like the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), discounted technology and WiFi programs, and more.
Here is a letter from Whitson's Food Service, explaining the meals, safety, and special diet information.
***** September 2021 Lunch & Breakfast Menus *****
Communication in both directions is very important.
As this unprecedented time progresses, families will want to keep up-to-date on important information. To translate this and any other Hamden webpage, move your cursor to the lighter green bar at the top of the page and click the Translate link. Then choose the language to which you want the page translated.
**(Para traducir esta y cualquier otra página web de Hamden, mueva el cursor a la barra verde más clara en la parte superior de la página y haga clic en el enlace Traducir. Luego elija el idioma que desee.) **
- You can text: 81010 with the message @89fc87 to sign up for Remind text alerts. (This changes every year.)
- PLEASE NOTE: We will continue using SchoolMessenger, the District’s automated notification system. Please do not unsubscribe to the emails or block phone calls you receive from the system, as this will be our primary form of communication with you. Voice messages from this system will come from 855-318-0291.
- Parents receive an emailed newsletter called Weekly Update from Principal Laura Rodriguez. Please make sure your email address is on file with Mrs. Pommer, school secretary.
- Please check your children's Google Classroom regularly, especially the Stream page. There is also information on this website and on the Hamden district pages that will help you through the year, from technology help to teacher contact to meal pickups. Please spend some time browsing these pages.
- Please be aware that 1-855-318-0291 is the Hamden Public Schools and Dunbar Hill all-call system to communicate important information such as emergency closings and other events. If you can't take the call when it comes in, make sure to listen to the message.
If you are having technology issues with district Chromebooks, click the box here. → For TECHNOLOGY HELP
High Road Program - Dunbar Hill
Are you looking for information about the High Road program? Go to this webpage:
Madisen A. is Dunbar Hill’s 6th grade October Superintendent's Student of the Month. Madisen truly represents the best that Dunbar Hill has to offer. She is extremely positive, responsible, respectful, dedicated and empathetic. Madisen is engaged in every lesson and is eager to share her knowledge with her classmates. She goes above and beyond during math class and often does extra homework examples that are not assigned. She starts conversations in literacy and shares her perspective about the texts that we read. Madisen is the definition of a role model and we could not be more proud of her!
The PTA will once again be selling Lyman Pies this year as in time for Thanksgiving! Stay tuned for more information! The sale will start later in October!
Congratulations to the newest members of the DHS Safety Patrol for 2021-22.
Madisen A, Chloe A, Destiny B, Sara J, Manny O, Esther P, McKayla S, McKenzie S, Aliyah A, and Kiki U.
Many thanks to them for stepping up and helping to keep our students safe.
Dunbar Hill PTA now has an Amazon Smile Account! Select Dunbar Hill PTA as an organization to support when you shop on Amazon! Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to the Dunbar Hill PTA just for buying things you normally do through Amazon!
The plastic bag ban is back in effect - get your Dunbar Hill reusable bag today! 1 bag for $3 or 2 bags for $5!
Bags will be delivered to your student's class to bring home.
Want an easy way to help the PTA? Sign up to be a Room Parent!
* Act as a liaison between the classroom teacher and parents of students within that classroom and the PTA
* Reach out to the classroom teacher to find ways how the parents can best support the class throughout the year
* Coordinate supply needs for the classroom with the teacher and parents of that class
* Help coordinate class events
* Coordinate holiday and end-of-school-year class gifts
Sign up today!
Kindergarten Orientation was held Thursday, August 26 at 6pm on Zoom.