Dunbar Hill Elementary School
Welcome to Dunbar Hill School!
We'll get through this together. #Hamdenstrong #Dunbarstrong
If you are having technology issues, click the box here. → For TECHNOLOGY HELP
Communication in both directions is very important during this challenging time.
As this unprecedented school year progresses, families will want to keep up-to-date on important information. To translate this and any other Hamden webpage, move your cursor to the lighter green bar at the top of the page and click the Translate link. Then choose the language in which you want the page translated.
**(Para traducir esta y cualquier otra página web de Hamden, mueva el cursor a la barra verde más clara en la parte superior de la página y haga clic en el enlace Traducir. Luego elija el idioma que desee.) **
- You can text: 81010 with the message @lmrodrigue to sign up for Remind text alerts.
- Parents receive an email newsletter called Weekly Update from Principal Laura Rodriguez. Please make sure your email address is on file with Mrs. Pommer, school secretary.
- Please check your children's Google Classroom regularly, especially the Stream page. There is also information on this website and on the Hamden district pages that will help you through the year, from technology help to teacher contact to meal pickups. Please spend some time browsing these pages.
- For your child's teacher's email, please check our Staff page on this Dunbar Hill website.
- Be aware that 1-855-318-0291 is the Hamden Public Schools and Dunbar Hill all-call system to communicate important information such as emergency closings and other events. If you can't take the call when it comes in, make sure to listen to the message.
When school is in person: Parents, please review this Daily Student Health Assessment checklist each day to make sure your child is safe to attend school. (English/Spanish)
Hamden Public Schools will resume the hybrid model of in person & distance classes on Tuesday, January 19th.
Please refer to the Distance Learning Parent Guide.
Schedules for each grade will be posted in your child's teacher's Google Classroom.
2020-21 Specials Rotation Schedule
View the Dunbar Hill School Parent Orientation
The Zoom meeting was held Thursday, August 20th beginning at 6 pm.
Attendance will be taken every day whether your child is in school or at home. Please help prepare your child for the safety practices, to make school safer and more comfortable for everyone.
If you have any questions, please email our principal, Laura Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Zoom Orientation - Wed. Sept 2nd - 2pm
Link to bus information from the district website
There will be a monthly distribution of materials for Remote Learning students on the following schedule, including library books put on hold.
Watch your email for more information on the times of the distributions.
January 13, 2021
February 1, 2021
March 1, 2021
April 12, 2021
May 3, 2021
June 7, 2021
The Dunbar Hill Yearbook is part of the TreeRing/TreesfortheFuture.org program. Trees will be planted for every yearbook sold at Dunbar Hill, making us a TreeRing Green Yearbook School. For more than 30 years, Trees for the Future has been planting trees across the world that not only help to end deforestation, but help with poverty and hunger providing families with food and income through their Forest Garden Approach. Since 1989, more than 187 million trees have been planted and more than 28 thousand acres have been restored.
As you know, all Hamden Public Schools are closed due to the Coronavirus. Although essential staff may be in our buildings, our schools and central office are currently closed to the public.
Related to school meals, breakfast and lunch are available Monday - Friday, from 9:00-12:00 each morning at Hamden High, Hamden Middle and Church Street Schools. Any child 18 years and younger is eligible for these meals, which can be picked up by students or parents/guardians.
We have created a page to provide Hamden Public Schools updates during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please regularly check www.Hamden.org/Coronavirus for current information affecting the Hamden Public Schools community.
Please read this information from the CDC about our children and the COVID-19 virus. Provided by our school nurse Ms. Day.