Dunbar Hill Elementary School
Getting Ready for a New School Year at Dunbar Hill
- Take a look at the Hamden Public Schools district District Calendar and add the dates to your personal calendars.
- Check the bus routes information here.
- Below on this page you will find the lists for school supplies.
- Also below, find information about the new after (and BEFORE) school program, Right at School.
- There is still time to write down the books your child has read for Summer Reading!
- Start switching those bed times and wake ups to be ready for the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - MONDAY, AUGUST 26
Hamden Public Schools partners with the Hamden Public Library system to present the Summer Reading program "A Universe of Stories."
Students of all ages are encouraged to sign up to read and win prizes. But even if you don't participate in the HPL/HPS Summer Reading program, you can have fun reading the rest of the summer, and every day. There THOUSANDS of great books at the Hamden libraries and ones just right for you and your family. Mysteries, joke books, cookbooks, gaming books, thrillers -- you name it!
For book ideas from our Media Specialists and the HPL brochures, follow this link.
It's never too early to look for deals on school supplies this summer. Here is our list broken down by grade level.
Hamden is pleased to welcome you to our community! Any child living in Hamden is entitled to attend school in one of Hamden's public schools. If your child turns 5 years old on or before January 1, 2020, it's time to think about Kindergarten registration! ln order for children to attend school in Hamden, proof of residency must be provided and registration form must be completed. If you are not sure what school your child will be attending, please call Central Office (203) 407-2000.
You can fill out the forms in print (copies available at each elementary school or at this link: Registration Packet) or complete them online (see below). Please note that there is required documentation needed in order to complete forms, which is listed under Completing Online Registration. We strongly recommend you have these documents assembled before completing the registration form.
Download all forms you need to register your child from Hamden Public School's Registration Packet
To register online:
To get text alerts and reminders for Dunbar Hill news, text 81010 with the message @LMRODR