Vision Mission Goals
We envision a professional learning culture wherein all members of the school community consistently put the needs of students first and foremost. In such a community, the exclusive focus of all our efforts will be to increase the achievement levels of all students, while simultaneously expanding the knowledge bases of all adult members of the school community.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Hamden Public Schools is to ensure all our students learn to the best of their potential each and every day they are entrusted to our care.
We aim to provide challenging, high-quality learning experiences and supports so that all students develop skills, attitudes and practices for academic and life-long success.
- All students will demonstrate accelerated growth in reading with the goal of meeting proficiency by the end of grade three
- All students will demonstrate accelerated growth in math with the goal of achieving Algebra I readiness by the end of grade eight
- Increase student achievement in grades 9-12
- Reduce student chronic absenteeism districtwide
- Increase equity districtwide