Welcome to Hamden!  

Hamden Public Schools is pleased to provide high quality educational experiences for its school-age residents!  If you live in your own home or have a lease in your name you may enroll your child using our online system or by completing a paper application at your child's school. (If you don't know which school your child will attend based on your residence, please call 203-407-2202 to find out.)

Any parent/guardian residing in Hamden who does not own their own home or have a lease in their name must complete a residency application. Also, if you are a Hamden resident and have a child living with you but the child is not your child (i.e. grandchild, niece or nephew etc.) you must complete a residency application.

This application can be obtained and completed in the Residency Office located at Hamden Public Schools, 60 Putnam Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. by appointment only. Please call Myriam Rivera at 203-407-4809 for your appointment.

If you completed a Residential Status Report Application for your child/children last year, please be advised that  the Board of Education requires this form to be completed annually (you must complete it each year), unless you have moved into your own home or now have a lease in your name. 

To complete the residency process you will need the following documentation:

  • Copy of current mortgage statement or original lease agreement for Hamden residence
  • One current utility bill for Hamden residence (UI, gas, cable, water)
  • Copy of birth certificate (long form) for child/children (only required if student is new to the district)
  • Photo identification for parent/guardian and Hamden resident

PLEASE NOTE:  If you are a resident applying for a child living with you that is not your child, both a parent/guardian and you (the Hamden resident) must be present to complete the residency application.