The District develops a written plan for each student requiring special education and related services. This plan is called an Individualized Education Program (IEP). Our PPT develops, reviews, and or revises the IEP to meet the needs of each student who requires special education and related services.
District Responsibilities Regarding IEPs
Our District provides a free, appropriate public education for all students with disabilities aged 3 through 21 who require special education and related services, who have not graduated with a regular high school diploma or exceeded the age of eligibility including:
- students with disabilities who have been suspended or expelled from school for more than 10 school days in a school year;
- students suspended for less than 10 school days in a school year if services are provided to students without disabilities who have been similarly removed; and
- students who are advancing from grade to grade.
The District provides educational opportunity to all students with disabilities. An IEP is developed, implemented, maintained, reviewed, revised and evaluated for all special education students served by our District. This includes students placed in or referred to a private school or facility by our District. Special education and related services are provided in accordance with the student’s IEP.
Our District uses a standard IEP form. This form has numerous legally required components that help guide the team in the development, review, revision and implementation of the student’s program. These various components are listed and described in this section of the procedures.
- Present Levels of Academic and Functional Performance
- Services Provided to the Student
- Nonacademic and Extracurricular Activities/Services
- Justification for Removal from Regular Education
- Length of School Day and Year
- Physical Education
- Assistive Technology
- Vocational Education
- Secondary Transition
- Measurable Annual Goals and Short-Term Objectives
- Progress Reporting
- Exit Criteria
- Age of Majority
- Agreement to Change an IEP Without Convening a PPT Meeting