Recently, the Hamden Public Schools Board of Education has been examining ways to use our limited funds most effectively and efficiently. Related to facilities in particular, the Board took proactive steps to reduce the amount of money we spend on utilities, and entered into a partnership with Cenergistic, an energy conservation company. For over three decades, Cenergistic has helped school districts and other educational organizations nationwide reduce energy consumption, allowing funds to stay where we need them – in the classroom.
Ultimately, the success of our Energy Program will enable us to save jobs, including teaching positions, as well as maintain important programs.
Please note these important features of the program:
- Student and staff comfort and security will be the top priority of our Energy Conservation Program.
- This Energy Conservation Program does not require the district to increase its utility budget, purchase new energy equipment, or upgrade existing equipment.
- The program is financially risk-free.
- The program focuses on organizational behavior-based changes, and in order to be successful, the complete cooperation and participation of all staff and students is required.
- This is not a short-term “green project.” It is a comprehensive, rigorous, and sustainable energy program that will help us save money for years to come.
- The program will require each of us to change some habits affecting how we use our energy resources in each building, school, office and classroom.
Staff will soon receive additional information as we prepare to launch our Energy Conservation Program. The school board and district leadership are excited at the opportunity this program will provide in allowing us to save energy dollars while conserving our natural resources.
Welcome Tony Marinaro - Our New Energy Consultant!
You may see a new, friendly face working in our schools this fall - he is Cenergistic Energy Consultant, Tony Marinaro. Tony has 30 years experience in the field of market research, data analytics and insights. He is the former Corporate Director of Research for LIN Television & Media General, the past parent companies of WTNH-TV, the ABC affiliate in New Haven, CT. His expertise is in the area of leveraging data to deliver perspective insights to assist companies with their strategic plans. He has taught classes at Quinnipiac University on methods, techniques and advertising guidelines related to market research. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications from Quinnipiac College.
Tony will be working with school and district staff to help us be more efficient in our use of energy. With Tony's help, we will be doing something good for our environment and also for our budget!