Meal Distribution Information
January 12, 2021
Dear Hamden Families:
As we prepare for our students to return from distance learning, we would like notify our Hamden families of updates to our free meal distribution program.
- On Thursday 1/14/2021 we will be serving 5 days worth of meals to children 18 and under at our 9 pickup locations from 9-12. There will be NO public meal pick-ups on Friday 1/15/2021
- If your children currently have their meals delivered to them via our mobile meal service but will be returning to hybrid learning on 1/19/2021, please email Randall Mel at email@example.com to be removed from the mobile distribution list as this service will continue only for our full distance learners.
Changes upon return to the Hybrid Model:
- If your children will remain on full distance learning and you would like for their meals to be delivered, please email Kiara Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will offer 7-day meal pack outs at Hamden High School twice per (usually Monday and Thursday) from 3PM-6PM in front of the Auditorium entrance.
- During Dismissal on the last day of each week, all schools will offer weekend meals to all students.
- Meals service in the building will resume as it was prior to Distance learning.
For Refunds from your MySchoolBucks Account please email Sarah Hackett.
|Follow the Hamden, CT Nutrition page on Facebook!|
- January 4 - Menus for January
- Holiday Break Meal Distribution
- Community Soup Kitchen (M-F 12-1PM)
- November 16, 2020 - Free Meals Available During Full Distance Learning
- October 27,2020 - News on Distance Learning Meals
- October 20, 2020 - Meals for Students When Not In School
- October 16, 2020 - Mobile Meals
- October 8, 2020 - Hamden Families in Full Distance Learning
- September 11, 2020 - Free Meals for All Students
Questions about anything related to our meal program or food service? Contact Randall Mel, Whitsons Food Service Director, 203-230-1010 or at email@example.com.