We encourage parents to schedule meetings with their child’s teachers at any time during the school year, including scheduling a team meeting with English, math, science, and social studies teachers together. Please contact an individual teacher or the team leader of your child’s team to schedule a meeting.
The Parent Portal is now active for parents and students. However, before using the Parent Portal, you must register and receive login credentials. The links below are links to bring you to Parent Portal registration pages. Please note that you can also access the Parent and Student Portal above, by clicking on the page named Parent Portal.
Once you have registered, you will receive login credentials and information on how to connect to the Parent Portal.
Main Office Announcement
- Any student who has a note to ride a different bus or walk to the library must have the note stamped by the main office before first period. If you do not have a note, you must get on your assigned bus.
- Beginning Monday, November 28th, any student who is being picked up by private transportation at dismissal whose ride has not arrived by the end of the dismissal process will be escorted by our bus duty staff back into the building's main entrance to await their ride. On late bus days, these students will be required to take the late bus home if their ride has not arrived by 3:30 PM. Please see attached Safety Update flyer for details.
7th Grade Points System
Starting Monday, January 23, 2017, all of our seventh grade students will begin a points system to further encourage students to make good choices. Each student, regardless of past offenses, will be starting with zero points. Each disciplinary intervention will result in that student receiving points.
See the attached letter for further information.
School Governance Announcement
- The HMS School Governance Council has established that no student may participate in interscholastic athletics, school plays or musicals, school dances, or end of the year class trips or awards ceremonies if s/he has unexcused absences in excess of 10% of the child’s school year at the time of the event. Absences from school may only be excused according to the guidelines established by the State Board of Education listed in your child's HMS Student Handbook.
Hamden High School Tours
As part of our efforts to ease the transition to high school, the eighth grade will be visiting Hamden High School for a guided tour. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, January 30th
- 9:30 – 11:00 AM Team Sgrigneri
- 11:30 – 1:00 PM – Teams Morello & Navigator
Wednesday, February 1st
- 9:30 – 11:00 AM – Team LaVallee
- 11:30 – 1:00 PM Team Rocco
HMS is happy to announce that we are now linked to the award winning Hamden High School Online Store. You are now available to purchase exclusive Hamden Middle School merchandise on the web. Check-out the school store online.
Interested in buying a 2017 HMS yearbook? Click here to purchase one!
Middle School Explorer Club Opportunities
Congratulations to Christopher D. from Team Mule!! He beat out some tough competition to with the 2017 edition of the Geography Bee! Great job Christopher!
Attention Peer Orientation Members: Our next meeting will be Tuesday, January 24th after school in the Media Center. Please see Ms. Salerno if you cannot attend.
We will begin the PPE Rotation:
Group 3: January 20th, Friday
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Topf or Ms. Iacobellis.
There is no better way to recall your memories of HMS than reading the 2017 HMS Yearbook. If you haven't ordered yours already, now is the time to do so. The sale price of $25.00 will end soon. Don't get stuck paying more for the same book. Order yours today.
Order forms can be found in the main office or guidance offices. For me information, see Mr. DelGiudice in Room 164.
Below are the meeting dates for VEX Robotics:
January 9th-- CANCELED.
The next VEX Robotics event will be at UNH on February 11th.
Below are the meeting dates for Yearbook:
Video Game Tournament
TSA will be hosting the first ever Video Game Tournament on January 30th after school in Room 164. Interested students and staff must register during morning arrival or during lunch waves. This year's tournament game is BONK.10. The registration fee is $4.00 per person. See Mr. Del for details.
HMS Art Show!
Wednesday, February 8th
5:30pm to 8:00pm
Art will be on display in the lower atrium of HMS
** The Art Show coincides with parent conferences. Parents-- be sure to stop! **
Boys' and Girls' Basketball
The boys and girls' basketball teams would like to thank everyone who attended and helped with yesterday's game. The school spirit that was shown was amazing. To the students in the stands, thank you for the cheers and the excitement. Thank you to all the teachers who participated. The final score showed who has the skill.
Winter Sports Schedules
See attached for links to the Winter Sports schedules.
** Changes, cancellations and announcements will be listed in this section.**
Students of the Month
Congratulations to the following students! They are our 2016 Students of the Month.
December Students of the Month
Team DeCarter: Manuela M. and Ethan C.
Team Mule: Kylie R. and Harry A.
Team Symoniatis: Ayal K. and Ava B.
Team Perito: Imaan M. and Emma T.
Team Pioneer: Mejudy S.
Team Morello: Jennifer C. and Christopher D.
Team Rocco: Imani G. and Justin E.
Team LaVallee: Emily F. and Erin M.
Team Sgrigneri: Fatine A. and Jeremiah G.
Team Navigator: Pryncess C.
We've provided the list of supplies your child will need for the 2016-2017 school year. View the HMS Student Supply lists.
Find out when and where your child needs to be to catch the bus! HMS Bus Routes and Schedules
All visitors are required to enter HMS through the main entrance by the bus loop. School hours are from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM. All visitors to HMS are reminded that they may be required to present a photo ID upon request.