Spring Glen Elementary School
Howard Hornreich - Principal
1908 Whitney Avenue, Hamden CT 06518
Click on the left to access our School Handbook.
Updated Summer Playdate flyer.
Open House will be Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2016 6 - 8pm
HAMDEN SUMMER READING 2016 -
Hamden Public Schools Summer Reading program returns this year.
Click to see -
* books recommended by our students in each grade,
* the reading journal,
* and other fun links about reading and books!
*** *** *** ***
Breakfast is available every morning at Spring Glen for all students, but it must be ordered ahead of time. For information, see the flyer.
+ Go to the School Life page to see more photos of our events.
SPRING GLEN PTA AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES - The After-School Activities program needs a volunteer (or volunteers) to oversee after-school programming for next year. If interested, contact the PTA.
SCHOOL ENTRY & DISMISSAL -
Bus: If your child usually takes the bus and you do not want your child taking the bus home on a specific day , please make sure you write a note. Without a note your child will be placed on the bus.
Walkers: Parents, please form a line and wait for your child to be dismissed to you for the safety of everyone! If your child is a walker we are asking you to wait for dismissal. Please do not come into the office to pick up your child between 3:15 PM and 3:30 PM.
- Grades K and 1 will be dismissed from the lower level at 3:25 PM
- Grades 2 and 3 will be dismissed through the main doors at 3:30 PM
- Grades 4, 5 and 6 will be dismissed through the side doors near the playground at 3:34 PM